Flsa Status: Non-Exempt
Pay Band: 2 Assistant/Associate
American Councils’ Field Operations and Programs department administers projects in which all or most all activity is provided by our international offices with support from D.C. Projects are funded by the U.S. government, international organizations, host country governments, foundations and local public affairs sections or other US Embassy-based offices. Current projects in the portfolio include: EducationUSA Advising Centers, the Opportunity fund, Prep4Success, USETI, alumni centers, American Corner/ Center activities, and English language teaching and support programs.
The Program Assistant is an integral member of the team working to support effective logistical and financial management of field-based programs. The incumbent is based in Washington, DC, reports to the Senior Program Manager of Field Operations and Programs and works closely with the Compliance Officer. We are looking for a candidate interested in financial and narrative reporting, government grant administration and working with virtual and global staff.
Field Programs Assistance
- Contribute to the writing and editing of narrative reports, including data collection
- Reconcile the monthly credit card report
- Support arrangements for consultants, program staff and partners to travel to visit field-offices, including flights, visas and accommodation
- Purchase and ship books overseas for the EducationUSA and Access programs
- In accordance with file retention policies, maintains files for field-based projects
Field Operations Assistance
- Supports administration of field office operations, including tasks related to legal registration of representative offices, expat staff support, and working with multiple departments to maintain staff directories, calendars and reference files for field managers
- Assists with the planning of events such as visits by foreign delegations and conferences;
- Performs copying, filing, clerical and other duties as assigned