Principal Functions: The Executive Assistant to the Rector is responsible for managing the day-to-day activities of the Rector’s office in a one-on-one working relationship. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Rector’s office. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills. The Executive Assistant must be able to work under pressure and handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion. This position requires schedule flexibility with periodic hours on the weekend and in the evenings. This is a full-time, exempt, salaried position.
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Rector including managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents and arranging hospitality needs for meetings.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the Rector's schedule is followed and respected.
- Provides "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the Rector's time and office.
- Accurately tracks expenses and Rector’s budget by managing credit cards and receipts. Processes and submits reimbursements and receipts in a timely and accurate fashion and balances monthly budget reports.
- Communicates directly, and on behalf of the Rector, with Vestry members, staff, congregants, donors, and other guests.
- Prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the Rector, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Functions as project manager by working closely and effectively with the Rector to keep him well-informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Serves as the Rector’s executive liaison to the Diocese and other boards on which the Rector participates, attends meetings, and takes meeting minutes as requested.
- Other tasks as directed by the Rector.