O’Donnell/Snider Construction is a leading commercial general contractor specializing in corporate interiors, building renovations, healthcare, and new construction. Since 1991, we have been safely delivering projects of superior quality, on time and on budget. O’Donnell/Snider has been named one of the Houston Chronicle’s Best Places to Work three consecutive years, and has consistently placed on the Houston Business Journal’s Top 25 - Largest Houston Area Commercial Contractors.
Our company was founded and adheres to a strict set of principles and moral code. We operate with integrity, accountability and discipline. We strive to always exceed our clients’ goals and expectations.
To enhance the quality of the construction experience for our customers through exceptional communication and unmatched
To be the clear choice for commercial construction services in the markets we serve!
GENERAL SUMMARY OF ROLE
As the lead field safety position on a project, the Safety Auditor is responsible over the safety program with the project team to maintain a healthy and accident-free work environment at the job-site.
- Assists project team by suggesting safe practices
- Participates in pre-construction and handoff meetings.
- Conducts onsite safety assessments as part of constant monitoring process
- Documents all safety violations or unsafe conditions/activities and ensures corrective measures are implemented
- Assists the project team in completing weekly jobsite safety audits
- Conducts safety orientation for all project employees to the safe practices required on the project and by OSC
- Ensures all OSC safety policies and procedures are understood and implemented
- Educate project personnel through on-the-spot training and tool box safety talks
- Completes accident reporting and investigations as needed
- Accompanies all safety, health, and insurance inspectors on walk-through tours
- Coordinates project safety programs with subcontractors
- Assists the superintendent in investigating property damage and personal injury complaints
- Develops the job specific emergency plan and communicates through orientation to all project personnel
- Maintains safety files and records
- Communicates and reinforces OSC principals, vision, values, and goals (the OSC way)
- Communicates constantly with the superintendents, foremen, and craft workers on the project as it relates to both good and bad safety practices that are observed
- Tracks incident information
- Schedules safety training for job-site personnel
- Assists in the development and improvement of the safety department’s procedures
- Reports directly to the VP of Operations
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management