INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY ANNOUNCEMENT
Yakima or Sunnyside
Administration, Information Technology, Finance, Operations, Engineering, Maintenance, Sales, Marketing, Human Resources, Quality, Research & Development
Intern will work a maximum of 40 hours per week as available, weekends may be required.
This is a short-term opportunity, usually 8-10 weeks from hire date with option to complete program sooner or later. For successful interns there’s may be a potential to take on additional work or projects after internship time frame ends.
Paid $15.00/hour (paid bi-weekly, every other Friday)
- Be an undergraduate or graduate student or an institution of higher education and pursing a degree.
- High degree of organizational skill and problem-solving ability; specifically, the ability to work as self- starter - especially as it relates to calling on resources.
- Resourcefulness in finding information and answers from within and outside the company without prompting or micromanagement; a “consummate” self-starter.
- Respect for details; ability to execute accurately at a high level without excess supervision.
- Ability to prioritize/execute to achieve desired company and project goals with prudence and sense of urgency.
- Articulate communication skills – verbal, pictorial and numerical.
- Excellent telephone etiquette, communication and organizational skills, as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Desire to learn and grow professionally.
- General computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Desire to invest your passion and commitment to a vision you feel you can embrace and contribute to the growth of the company and its success.
- A willingness and flexibility to do “whatever it takes” for “whoever needs it” foster the growth and success of YCH.
- Ability to embrace and live YCH’s PRIDE values.
- As an intern, you will experience a fast-paced work environment requiring attention to detail and a high level of flexibility. Applicants must be self-motivated but can thrive in team settings.
- Strong follow up skills are required.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by department head and/or designee.
Yakima Chief Hops is seeking a highly motivated, self-directed individual to assist the designated department in a variety of day-to-day activities. The intern will work under the supervision of the department head and/or designee who meets the educational and work-related qualifications required to perform the job. The intern is expected to follow company guidelines, policies and procedures. The Office Intern assists with general office, HR, IT, Accounting and Marketing activities as determined and directed by the department head and/or designee. Additionally, the Administrative Intern shall assist and work with administrative staff as well as outside vendors as required. The Office Intern will be responsible for assisting the staff with general office duties including, but not limited to, research, data entry, filing and general coordination.
This is a temporary position for a student eager to gain experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment. The internship will provide great opportunities to gain practical experience. Work will be required, based on intern availability, Monday-Friday between the hours of 7:00 am to 5:00 pm, and Saturday and Sunday as needed. Intern must provide their own transportation.
- Assist in managing the flow of paperwork.
- Assist and facilitate staff as necessary - whenever and however needed.
- Assist with business development matters including material preparation.
- Provide administrative support.
- Complete data entry tasks.
- Communicate with customers and employees via phone, email, social media or personally through event sponsorships while maintaining outstanding customer service
- Maintain sanitary and safe work environment.
- Follow safety requirements.
- May actively participate on company’s Safety Committee.
- Ensure that company safety policies as well as federal, state and local safety and environmental regulations are observed.
- Must have a complete understanding of company’s policies, SOPs, QPs, EPs, HACCP and cGMP to
ensure quality, safety, efficiency and sustainability.
- Must adhere to all company policies.
- Examine documents, materials, and products and monitor work processes to assess completeness, accuracy and conformance to standards and specifications.
- Follow all SOPs in a given area.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by Manager and/or designee.
Please upload your resume on Yakima Chief Hops Career Page at: https://www.yakimachief.com/careers/
Or send resume and cover letter to Human Resources at: HR@yakimachief.com