JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Experience and Education: A minimum of seven years of full-time Airport Operations experience. A bachelor’s degree may be substituted for four years of experience.
Leadership: Requires three or more years of supervisory and team leadership experience.
Background Check: Employment with the Airport is contingent upon an education/experience background investigation, a fingerprint-based criminal history record check processed by the FBI, and upon the ability to be granted a security badge as mandated by the Transportation Security Administration.
- Bachelors Degree in Aviation or related field
- AAAE Certified Member
- Principles and practices of airport operations and aircraft ground movement procedures; airport standard procedures as they relate to general and emergency operations;
- Principles and practices of employee supervision, including selection, work planning, scheduling, organization, performance review and evaluation, and employee training and discipline;
- Principles, practices and methods used in airline scheduling, aviation vocabulary, and formulation of legal operational directives and agreements; techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various ethnic and social backgrounds; basic budgetary practices and terminology.
- Operating in a fast-paced environment with the ability to make quick decisions using sound judgement;
- Planning, organizing, supervising, reviewing and evaluating the work of others;
- Training others in the policies and procedures related to the work;
- Exercising thorough and independent judgment within general procedural guidelines;
- Operating radio, computer and telephone equipment;
- Maintaining accurate records of work performed; preparing clear, concise and complete reports, correspondence and other written materials;
- Developing and delivering written and oral operational statistical analysis.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- ARFF Certification required to be obtained within 6 months of employment.
- Basic first aid and CPR certification required to obtained within 6 months of employment.
- Candidates must be able to pass an annual HAZWOPER Firefighter Physical
- ASC Certification to be obtained within 12-months of employment
Work is typically performed without direct supervision.
This position is a supervisory position. Employee will have direct oversight and give direction, guidance and training in operational procedures to other employees.
The physical demands represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Strength and energy sufficient to maintain an active work schedule involving driving and/or physical exertion; ability to communicate in order to exchange information; ability to perceive and identify objects, people, surroundings and events ; must be able to remain in stationary position for extended periods of time; ability to operate tools and equipment; kneeling, ability to position oneself to reach tools, files, equipment and other objects located on the ground, overhead and horizontally as needed; ability to move light to moderately heavy equipment, machinery and other objects.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
Including but not limited to; cell phone, radio, laptop, hand power tools, all terrain vehicles, snowplow for snow removal on sidewalks and areas around SRE and Terminal buildings, mobile radio and aviation radio. This position requires use of Airport vehicles.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts, in high and precarious places and frequently exposed to outside weather conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, except during certain maintenance duties when noise levels may be loud. Employees in this position are required to work in areas or around equipment which may meet or exceed the OSHA Hearing Conservation sound level.
This position may require shift work, weekends, and holidays.
This description covers the most significant essential and auxiliary duties performed but does not include other occasional work which may be similar, related to, or logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employee agreement between the employer and the employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.