JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The primary responsibilities of this position will include creating high-quality cartographic products; creating, collecting, and editing geospatial data; performing spatial data analysis; creating statistical summaries and reports; and maintaining metadata documentation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties may be assigned)
- Produce high-quality cartographic products for paper and online distribution.
- Create, edit, and QA/QC geospatial data including metadata documentation.
- Perform spatial analysis on GIS data.
- Create statistical summaries, reports, and other GIS products.
- Collect data and information from a variety of sources for the development and maintenance of the GIS databases.
- Data verification and field work which may entail the use of GPS technology.
- Provide data or maps to meet expectations of Tribal government staff.
- Manage reoccurring and as-needed data and map requests.
- Assist with the maintenance of IT, database and GIS systems.
- Maintain a personal knowledge of GIS innovations and related hardware/software matters.
- Provides excellent guest service to both guest and internal clients.
- Must comply with all applicable ACCRS and SRC System of Internal Controls, Standard Operating Procedures and all Tribal Regulations.