POSITION SUMMARY: Manage the design, development, and ongoing maintenance of high quality, fast performing web, mobile and cloud-based applications. Will be responsible for managing and mentoring team members, and all aspects of a project/projects.
Support ECRI's 50-year mission of advancing effective evidence-based healthcare worldwide. Partner closely with IT Platform & Software Engineers and our respected and accomplished business partners, all working together at ECRI’s scenic suburban world headquarters in Plymouth Meeting, PA. Benefit from a healthy work-life balance while staying on the leading edge of technology and thriving in an innovative startup-like culture minus the risk. Sleep well knowing you are helping achieve a world where safe, high-quality healthcare is accessible to everyone.
As part of the Information Technology Team, a Development Manager will be responsible for implementing timely, quality websites and supporting applications based on the business requirements. In this role, the Development Manager partners with a cross functional team that includes Engineers, Business Support Analysts, UX, DevOps and Enterprise architecture. The Development Manager works closely with a passionate development team to securely implement documented user stories to support the development of high-quality, fast loading browser-based and native mobile applications across multiple projects used by ECRI business users and thousands of organizations in the USA and worldwide.
We are ONLY accepting direct applicants, not via agencies.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statements(s)
General Performance Standards (Job Expectations):
- Manage development processes for projects
- Work with the Engineers on implementing User Stories for development iterations while maintaining a good relationship with the business unit
- Participate in new hire recruitment process
- Gather and document business requirements
- Manage a project/team to create new solutions, enhance existing systems and fix bugs
- Guide a project/team as needed
- Support bug fixes and implement enhancements to existing systems
- Assist team in troubleshooting slow loading websites and applications
- Adhere to ECRI platform, standards, and best practices
- Participate in personal growth opportunities and new-hire interviews