The Associate Director reports to the Sr. Director of Volunteerism. The goal of the Volunteerism department is to connect individual volunteers and stakeholders to the community via impactful projects. By cultivating relationships and acting as an “entry point”, Volunteerism provides an opportunity for meaningful engagement with existing and potential donors.
The Associate Director develops and implements community and corporate volunteer engagement. This includes managing community-wide volunteer initiatives and projects, and customized corporate engagement, focusing on impact and high value experiences for volunteers.
This role supports the goals of:
- Increasing awareness and knowledge among volunteers, non-profit agencies, corporate partners, donors, and prospective donors about key issues related to Child Well-Being and how United Way and its partners are collectively making progress.
- Bringing new potential donors into the pipeline, and cultivating relationships with current donors.
- Building the capacity of the Volunteerism Team by increasing the number of those engaging in the United Way brand through impactful projects.
- Execute and manage simple turnkey volunteer projects for corporations and community groups, which includes planning projects from start to finish, as well as leading and interacting with groups of volunteers, while providing excellence in all experiences.
- Support of larger and/or annual programming of the Volunteerism team, including community-wide efforts, affinity group projects, and large corporate Days or Weeks of Service.
- Assist with volunteer recruitment and cultivation efforts, including volunteer platforms and communications.
- Establish and develop relationships with schools and non-profit agencies to develop continuous journey of engagement within United Way of Greater Atlanta.
- Provide prompt response and assistance to corporate volunteers inquiring about service opportunities
- Data management: capture, input and track all volunteer data in data management software, hosting opportunities in the Galaxy platform
- Subject Matter Expert and ambassador to United Way.
- Other duties as assigned