The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
The Division of Information Technology aims to align technology solutions with the DOHMH mission by prioritizing resource use and deploying innovations that facilitate the agencys day-to-day activities and enhance staff productivity and efficiency. Our goal is to provide users with a reliable, stable, and safe computing environment, through the collaboration of the Bureau of Technology Strategy & Project Management provides business analysis and IT project management services to define and deliver IT solutions that meet all program needs.
DOHMH is seeking a qualified candidate for the role of a Business Analyst to join a team supporting New York Citys Disease Surveillance systems.
The business analyst (BA) will be responsible for setting up enterprise standards for requirements gathering processes and requirements across all projects and responsible for building a knowledge domain within DOHMH.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in fast-paced environment, customer-service oriented, wide spectrum of business process re-engineering experience and a problem solver with strong communication skills, able to quickly identify critical elements in complex business processes, and who is able to take initiative, work independently, and collaborate effectively with others.
- Work directly with stakeholders and subject matter experts to translate stakeholder ideas and requests into functional requirements.
- Gather complete laboratory workflows requirements including Ordering, Testing, Instrument Interfaces, Result Reporting, and External Application Interfaces.
- Candidates must have a demonstrated ability to gather, analyze, document, validate, and prioritize the operational needs/requirements of the business stakeholders.
- Identify and document workflow which complies with regulatory agencies such as CLEA, CDC, etc.
- Document the IT Security and Networking infrastructure requirements for the system and create the design documents under the guidance of DOHMH and City IT departments
- Security Accreditation Document following DOHMH and DoITT guidelines
- Assist the QA team to write the test plans and UAT testing.
- Solution Architecture document.