The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
The Bureau of the Agency Chief Contracting Officer (ACCO) partners with personnel throughout the Agency to procure quality goods and services, at fair and reasonable prices, in accordance with the City Charter, Procurement Policy Board Rules and Directives issued by the Mayor’s Office of Contract Services. ACCO provides training, written and verbal technical assistance, and creative solutions to ensure that the procurement needs of DOHMH are met in a responsible manner.
Location: 42 09 28th Street, LIC, NY 11101
The Bureau of the Agency Chief Contracting Officer (ACCO) within the Division of Finance is seeking to hire an experienced, highly motivated, detailed-oriented, non-managerial Procurement Coordinator.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- Carry out all procurement activities in full compliance with New York City procurement rules and laws, and in accordance with procedures established in the DOHMH ACCO's Office.
- Coordinate the development and approval of competitive procurements to ensure strict compliance with timelines and all relevant rules, regulations and practices.
- Process contract awards, including Pre-Solicitation Review, Recommendation for Award, Responsibility Determinations, and other documentation required by the City of New York to support the procurement and contract award processes.
- Process contract management actions, including contract amendments, modifications, and renewals.
- Process purchase requisitions to ensure use of the appropriate procurement method; accuracy and clarity; that all required documents and justifications are provided for the procurement record.
- Prepare and submit contracts to the NYC Comptroller for registration. This includes inputting all contact and budget data in FMS, preparing the Advice of Award, and submitting contract packages via PASSPort and/or hardcopy as appropriate. Assist with internal file management (both hard-copy and digital) related to contract and procurement files; ensure that the agency complies with relevant retention rules.
- Communicate with vendors to request required procurement documents, review submitted documents for completion and compliance with procurement rules, and ensure that documents are appropriately routed.
- Coordinate and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders at all levels as necessary in the successful coordination of the procurement process.
- Utilize Agency and Citywide systems in the processing and approval of procurement actions and contract awards. These include PassPort, and FMS.
- Effectively manage and identify solutions to challenges. Identify ways to improve to improve internal work methods, processes and template documents.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication abilities. Able to communicate clearly, accurately and concisely. Highly organized and exceptionally detail-oriented. Successful experience working under strict deadlines. Comfortable working with multiple automated systems.