Education and Training:
- Requires a Juris Doctorate Degree from a law school accredited by the American Bar Association.
- Successfully practicing attorney with a minimum of 5 years’ experience as an attorney or administrative law judge.
- Must be a member in good standing of any State Bar Association.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Requires knowledge of court processes, administrative law processes and legal terminology.
- Requires knowledge of intergovernmental relations.
- Requires demonstrated ability to maintain STRICT confidentiality.
- Requires the ability to understand, interpret and apply applicable laws, policies and procedures.
- Require the ability to draft findings, conclusions, rulings, orders and determinations.
- Requires the ability to be neutral/impartial and courteous with parties
- Requires excellent communication skills.
Note: Pursuant to Tribal Policy, if this position is safety sensitive it is subject to pre-employment drug testing. In addition, this position is subject to reasonable suspicion and post-accident drug testing.
TRIBAL MEMBER AND INDIAN PREFERENCE WILL APPLY; PREFERENCE WILL ALSO BE GIVEN TO HONORABLY DISCHARGED VETERANS WHO ARE MINIMALLY QUALIFIED.
If required of this position, you must possess and maintain a valid Washington State driver’s license and be eligible for the Tribes’ Vehicle Insurance. In addition, this position may be subject to pre-employment background clearances. If applicable, these clearances must be maintained throughout employment.
INFORMATION: Confederated Tribes of the Colville Reservation, Human Resources Office, P. O. Box 150, Nespelem, WA 99155, 509-634-2201 firstname.lastname@example.org