The Senior Research Associate (SRA) will be primarily responsible for project management of APAs component of the NIDA-funded collaborative study, between APA, Friends Research Institute (FRI) and American Society on Addiction Medicine (ASAM), to create an addiction medicine practice-based research network (AMNet) to address the opioid epidemic (80% effort). In addition, the incumbent will provide effort to other Division of Research tasks such as project management assistant on DSM-5 related task aimed at the maintenance and revisions of DSM-5, harmonization with ICD, and the writing of pertinent DSM-related manuscripts and chapter revisions as well as grant proposals and associated deliverables. (20% effort).
Note: this position is for the granting period through 7/2022
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Project management of APAs component of the NIDA-funded collaborative study, between APA, Friends Research Institute (FRI) and American Society on Addiction Medicine (ASAM).
- Work with the Director and Deputy Director of Research to fulfill the tasks associated with APAs component of the creation of AMNet to help address the opioid epidemic.
- Plan and implement the timeline of tasks and deliverables associated with the project. This involves working with the FRI and ASAM project leads and research leads and
- Advise steering committee chairpersons and members on APA policies and procedures relevant to steering committee operations.
- Plan and implement in-person and teleconference meetings of the steering and review committees, prepare and disseminate meeting agendas and documents, prepare meeting minutes and other steering committee reports for review.
- Develop and submit AMNet IRB application.
- Develop AMNet annual reports.
- Plan and implement AMNet-related workshops and conferences.
- Work in collaboration with other APA divisions, pertinent Council members, and external partners to facilitate the development and expansion of AMNet.
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external partners as it pertains to the development and expansion of AMNet.
- Identify opportunities for ongoing funding for AMNet.
- Develop grant proposals for future funding for AMNet related projects.
- Work with Director and Deputy Director of Research and our external partners at FRI and ASAM to oversee adherence to AMNet research guidelines.
- Coordinate the development of the AMNet research guidelines.
- Develop, implement, and maintain a research proposal tracking database.
- Lead the coordination of the review process of internal and external research proposals that involves use of AMNet data.
- Conduct the first phase of review of internal and external research proposals that involves use of AMNet data.
- Data management, analyses, and dissemination of results.
- Work with Deputy Director of Research, the Senior Data Analyst, and Senior Researcher on data management activities.
- Work with the senior data analyst on data analysis activities related to AMNet projects.
- Work with the senior data analyst in the development of result templates.
- Assist in the development of peer-reviewed manuscripts for publication including assist in creating references lists for manuscripts, organize tables, format and submit manuscripts to peer-reviewed publications.
- Assist with all DSM-5 operation activities within the Division of Research.
- Assist in the planning of DSM Steering Committee and its review committees in-person and teleconference meetings.
- Assist in drafting DSM-5 related scientific content as assigned.
- Assist in providing response to DSM-5 diagnostic and coding inquiries from APA members, other organizations, other clinicians, and the general public.
- Assist in the monitoring of the DSM-5 mailboxes, and take Answer Center referrals and referrals direct from the public. Respond to inquiries in a timely manner.
- Assist with the maintain the DSM-5 www.psychiatry.org/dsm5 Web site.
- Help to monitor and review DSM-5 Web pages for timeliness of information presented
- Help to update DSM-5 Web site when needed, working with APA IT staff as required.
- Other duties as assigned