The ASK! (After School Kids Program) Staff member is responsible for supervising students enrolled in the ASK! program. The person in this position works to ensure safety and to participate in and initiate activities for children designed to promote social, physical, and intellectual growth.
Supervisor: Director of After School Kids!
Supervisory Responsibility: N/A
Position Status: Part-Time, Hourly, Non-exempt, Regular 10-month
Hours of Work: Standard work week - Monday through Thursday 2:00 - 6:00 and Friday 1:00 - 6:00 based on an academic calendar. Hours may vary to accommodate In-Service and Professional Development days as needed.
- Supervises children during indoor and outdoor play to ensure safety of all
- Implements and participates in activities for the students; initiate play with children
- Assists with organization and maintenance of classroom and playground materials;
- Participates in the planning of daily activities for children; create an environment that is stimulating and appealing to child development
- Attends and actively participates in staff meetings and required training
- Assists children in developing responsibility for program materials, personal belongings, and personal hygiene habits
- Provides positive leadership; leads study hall in a quiet, orderly fashion
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Childcare experience preferred
- Commitment to a culture of respect and personnel development
- Flexible with the willingness to use initiative and handle extra duties as needed
- A strong and prevailing sense of customer service and commitment to the schools mission
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills; ability to interact effectively and represent the school with professionalism and enthusiasm to a very broad constituency
- Skills in reading and interpreting documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, and procedural manuals
- Outstanding organizational and prioritization skills
- Great attention to detail and initiative in problem solving
- Self-motivated with professional demeanor and presence, positive attitude, and strong work ethic
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle and feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl; talk and hear; engage in moderately strenuous physical activity both indoors and out; and smell. The employee may occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel is primarily local during the regular business day.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
Westminster is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment. It is Westminster’s policy to provide equal employment opportunities and administer terms and conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. EOE/M/F/D/V.
Note: This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work to be performed by employees within this classification. This position description should not be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities required or assigned to an employee in this position. Nothing contained in this position description restricts Westminster’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.