Responsible for dining room set up, serving tenant meals, and cleaning up dining area after meals. Assists with meal preparation, transportation and kitchen clean up after each meal.
- Prepares and serves beverages for all meals.
- Takes tenants’ orders, places order with kitchen staff and serves meal to tenants.
- Assists in checking food quality and temperature for accuracy before distribution.
- Assists cook with meal preparation as assigned.
- Transports food from main kitchen to dining rooms on campus in a safe manner.
- Responsible for communicating with the kitchen staff regarding customer needs, including but not limited to additional quantities of food and/or supplies.
- Assists in food preparation for special meals for catered events.
- Responsible for setting up, cleaning and serving of catered/special events.
- Cleans dining room.
- Clears all dirty dishes from dining room.
- Sanitizes tables between settings.
- Picks up any noticeable food debris, utensils or paper products off floor.
- Returns all tables and chairs to proper order.
- Cleans kitchen.
- Follows departmental procedures to meet sanitation guidelines.
- Cleans up food production areas, including cooks equipment and other equipment when used.
- Follows hand washing procedures.
- Washes surfaces including floor, walls, counter-tops, shelving, etc.
- Labels and dates food items, sorting in appropriate areas.
- Disposes food and waste in accordance to established policies.
- Washes dishes, serving equipment and cooking equipment and puts it in the proper place.
- Cleaning of nutrition carts.
- Fosters a safe, positive, team-oriented atmosphere in the department.
- Works cooperatively with other departments, tenants, families and staff to fill expressed needs.
- Assists with updates for marker boards and menu boards for tenants.
- Demonstrates participation in staff meetings and educational and safety programs, including all mandatory facility in-services. Identifies and seeks opportunities for self and staff growth, when appropriate.
- Reports to cook for daily direction and assignment.
- Performs additional tasks as assigned by Supervisor.
Maintains proper attendance and punctuality to help ensure Good Shepherd is operated in an efficient and effective manner.
- Maintains proper attendance in accordance with Good Shepherd’s policy.
- Reports to work on time in accordance with Good Shepherd’s policy.
- Provides adequate notice to supervisory personnel before absence or lateness in accordance with department policy.
Maintains and promotes a safe work environment. Demonstrates understanding of and ability to follow infection control, safety, and emergency policy and procedures. Refer to/review emergency preparedness manual and infection control policies.
Displays positive work habits that improve productivity of employees and function. Demonstrates willingness to accept new projects or assignments. Willingly assists other co-workers. Adheres to Good Shepherd’s dress code policy.
- Work center is organized and neat at all times. Plans daily workload to insure tasks completed.
- Open to new projects/assignments as identified.
The Good Shepherd Community, affiliated with the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod, provides a ministry of health care and housing services for young and older adults in Central Minnesota. Good Shepherd serves people from a Christian perspective by ministering to the whole person through a continuum of quality services. It is the responsibility of an employee to demonstrate regard for the dignity of those we serve and those we work with through adherence to our mission.