- Two (2) years of experience in a machining role in a production environment.
- Experience using measuring tools, mics, calipers, dial indicators, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in set up, programming and operation of CNC Machine, Mills and Lathes. Successful candidates should have prior understanding, and or experience in CNC programming.
- Experience with Master Cam is preferred.
- Prior experience rigging and positioning heavy equipment using Jib hoists/overhead cranes.
- Ability to select and or grind specialty tools for the required task.
- Full knowledge of working properties of different metals and alloys and the proper cutting feeds and speeds to use on each with different types of cutting tools.
- Prior experience reading and understanding blue prints to build a product.
- Prior experience working in a Lean manufacturing/ISO environment.
- Knowledge and ability to apply shop mathematics, charts, and tables.
- Ability to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Work in a team environment to successfully reach company goals in an environment in which a wide degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED) or other sufficient training/experience with approval of the hiring supervisor/manager, one level above, and the Human Resources Department.
This position description outlines the major duties performed but is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned/performed as needed and determined by management. This position description is subject to change at any time.
This position is typically located in a manufacturing setting and requires sitting and standing for long periods of time. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, visual acuity to use a keyboard, and operate standard office equipment. Requires the ability to express or exchange ideas by means of both verbal and written communication. Ability to manipulate (carry, lift, move) objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.