Reports to: Upper School Head
Eastside Preparatory School is seeking a talented, compassionate and engaging Debate Coach to help us fulfill our mission. Pay is competitive with public and independent schools. Eastside Prep offers an extraordinary work environment.
Who We Are:
Eastside Preparatory School’s vision is to inspire students to create a better world.
Our mission is to guide students to think critically, act responsibly, lead compassionately, and innovate wisely. The four mission components guide the development of curriculum as well as the evolution of the EPS culture. Founded in 2002, Eastside Prep was re-accredited by the Northwest Association of Independent Schools (NWAIS) in January 2019. Eastside Prep has grown from 17 students in 2003-2004 to a projected total of 520 students for academic year 2021-2022.
Job Summary: Under minimal supervision, coaches Upper School (grades 9 to 12) students in Debate. This is a part-time position.
- Organizes and implements debate trips in accordance with school policies and regulations as well as student interest and ability
- Works with the Business Office on any financial transactions that may be required
- Communicates with parents regarding expectations, practices, and contests
- Guarantees student eligibility to participate in debate based on EPS guidelines governing academic performance
- Ensures the safety of students by adhering to both team and general school rules and policies while on the EPS campus and while traveling
- Season expectations:
- Debate season is early September through March
- Tournaments take place on weekends