Under the direct supervision of the Branch Services Manager, the Branch Manager leads and manages public services staff and operations of the Perryville and Port Deposit branch libraries, ensuring the development and delivery of a full range of highly responsive services and strategic priorities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manage the daily operations and staff of the Perryville and Port Deposit branch libraries. Provide leadership that supports and empowers staff to give outstanding service to the public in regard to circulating materials, programming, readers’ advisory, information, and technology assistance for library users of all ages.
- Provide direct supervision, evaluation, and coaching to three departmental supervisors and all LA I’s. Ensure the delivery of performance management methods and systems.
- Via effective verbal and written communications, facilitate regular staff meetings and provide training as needed.
- Lead the implementation of system and local marketing initiatives at the branch level.
- Work with the Branch Services Manager to establish and achieve branch performance goals within overall system goals.
- Collaborate with Materials Manager and selectors, along with Adult and Children’s department heads to develop, maintain and evaluate the branches’ collections, ensuring a full-service, relevant collection for patrons of all ages.
- Interpret, explain and implement the policies and procedures of CCPL and ensure they are carried out in the branch.
- Coordinate departmental and branch scheduling within parameters of staffing budgets.
- Serve as the key liaison to the greater Perryville and Port Deposit communities, civic groups, and town governments.
- Work with department heads to coordinate and evaluate branch outreach that meets the needs of the Perryville and Port Deposit communities.
- Ensure library facilities are well-maintained and safe per CCPL standards; routinely monitor, maintain, and report facilities issues to administrative staff.
- Manage and/or coordinate the implementation of branch projects.
- Effectively resolve patron concerns and issues.
- Participate in interviewing and hiring of staff.
- Ensure the maintenance of accurate service statistics; compile and prepare reports, data, and other written work.
- Serve on internal and external committees.
- Participate in local and statewide initiatives, training, and associations. Attend seminars, workshops, and continuing education activities.
- Provide daily coverage at public service desks within the branch.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Promotes and maintains a high standard of customer service, both internal and external.
- Demonstrates ability to work with diverse populations.
- Models positive attitude toward library technology and change.
- Maintains courteous, friendly, and constructive relationships with patrons and staff.
- Promotes and advocates a positive library image in the community.
- Maintains professional growth and awareness through training, self-directed learning and other means to stay abreast of current and emerging trends in the community and in libraries.
- Performs job in keeping with the adopted policies, procedures, and values of the Cecil County Public Library.