Academic and professional experiences:
- Masters Degree in school counseling or a related field required.
- Minimum of five years of relevant counseling experience in Catholic or independent schools preferred.
- Previous experience supporting and teaching young women in an all-girls learning environment is ideal.
- Must be willing to work closely with colleagues and students in a dynamic, collaborative setting.
- Display empathy and cultivate positive relationships, particularly with young people.
- Possess discretion and maintain high standards of professionalism, to include responsibility for ongoing professional development and training (supported by the school and of individual professional interest) in standards of confidentiality, collaboration, mandatory reporting expectations, etc.
- Time management, flexibility to respond to emergent situations, and the ability to make good judgements and quick decisions are essential.
- Outstanding oral and written communication is essential; collaboration with students, parents, faculty, and school leaders is ongoing.
- Must be comfortable with school data management systems, Google apps, MS applications, etc.
- Ability to talk; finger; grasp; sit for extended periods of time; and repetitive motion
- Sedentary work: possibly exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry or otherwise move objects
- Ability to move around campus and into several non-ADA compliant buildings
- Working conditions: this position is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions
Georgetown Visitation Preparatory School provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to their age, color, disability status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion, sex, veteran status, or any other class protected by state or federal law. As a Catholic school, Georgetown Visitation Preparatory School reserves the right to use religion as a hiring criterion for selected positions, as permitted by law. Employment offers are contingent on the satisfactory outcome of a standard background screening.
Proof of vaccination is required for this position.