About Perigee Fund
Perigee Fund is a four-year-old philanthropic organization focused on early relationships between babies and caregivers, the foundation for healthy child development and lifelong wellbeing.
Pregnancy and a child’s first three years of life are a period of immense change for families. While all families experience new sources of stress and financial strain during this time, respect and resources are most essential for families affected by trauma, racism, and poverty. When healthy relationships and material supports wrap around young families, they can more easily tap into the power of joy, strength, healing, and connection.
Guided by an equity north star, Perigee is committed to advancing the fields of infant and early childhood mental health and maternal mental health, as well as ensuring families are supported by policies and programs that mean families have more time, money, care, and connection. Perigee invests in approaches that connect advocacy and policy, community-based family supports, practice transformation, and workforce development. Perigee’s grantees vary – examples include policy groups and community organizers, practice change networks, birth equity leaders, and training programs.
With grantmaking and programmatic investments of approximately $30M per year, Perigee Fund invests in both Washington State and national efforts. While no timelines have yet been solidified, Perigee plans to “spend down” on a 12–15-year timeline, which invites thinking and doing in ways that differ from foundations set up to exist in perpetuity.
While maintaining separate offices and external identities, Perigee is a supporting organization of Seattle Foundation and works closely with Seattle Foundation for back office support and payment processing.
The team is small, diverse, and collaborative. The team also happens to be obsessed with food and the work culture is friendly to families in all their forms.
Learn more at www.perigeefund.org
Are you looking for a role in which you can manage data, build, and improve upon grants processes? If so, Perigee Fund is hiring a Grants Manager to help us lead the grants and contracts process and guide the implementation of a new grants management system. In this role you will be reporting to the Executive Director and working closely with the Director of Programs, this will be a new position within the organization and will collaborate across teams: Operations, Programs, and our administrative partners at Seattle Foundation. You have a love for data and systems, find satisfaction in solving problems, value consistency but are responsive to the need for adaptation, are creative about finding paths to easing administrative burdens for our grantee partners and staff, and are committed to our vision.
- Manage the overall grants and program contracts process and data needs - both inside Perigee Fund, and outside with grantees and contractors.
- Select and implement a new grants management system and improve and streamline the overall process from application and due diligence to grant award, payment, and reporting. In an ongoing way:
- Implement new grants management system, including populating data, configuring system, and training staff.
- Explore and operationalize changes to the grantmaking and contracting processes (e.g., efforts to improve access and usability; standardization; specific application pathways).
- Track grantmaking trends and changes in the field over time.
- Lead ongoing enhancements and upgrades to the grants management system, such as additional applications and integrations with other technology used at Seattle Foundation or as acquired by Perigee Fund.
- Proactively administer the day-to-day duties and responsibilities of grants management, collaborating with and supporting program staff:
- Support applicants, grantees, and staff in setting up, using and accessing the system.
- Ensure systems are in place to review proposals and budgets for legal and financial compliance.
- Track grant approvals.
- Prepare and send out contracts and grant agreements.
- Coordinate closely with Seattle Foundation to ensure timely payments.
- Ensure timely and complete grantee progress reporting.
- Manage documents across pre-award, award, and post-award phases ensuring complete, accurate, and timely information is captured.
- Support program staff and external reviewers in project managing requests for proposals:
- Work inside or outside the grant management system to prepare to receive proposals in response to a special call and tailored application.
- Screen submissions to ensure eligibility and completeness.
- Prepare packets of proposals and review materials.
- Complete batch grant agreements.
- Provide guidance and support to Perigee Fund staff on grants process questions presented by a grantee or applicant, such as fiscal sponsorship, organization status, legal requirements, or unique documentation needs.
- Support grants management and contracts management learning opportunities for staff, including onboarding new staff and providing training on new systems and processes.
- Design, implement, and coordinate real-time information i.e., reports and analytics as needed to track pipelines, inform budgeting, and answer planning, strategy, and IRS reporting questions.
- Maintain pipeline of prospective decisions and docket of funding recommendations for internal decision-making meetings and Board of Directors review. Assist in the preparation of materials for board meetings.
- Actively collaborate as a team member at Perigee Fund team and operations meetings as well as at external meetings and peer groups.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.