Join our wonderful staff today!
Form Connections. Find Meaning. Foster Success.
Please read a little about our VCS Case Coordinator position and what some of the duties may entail. We look forward to meeting with you!
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: The VCS CC is the staff member chosen to be responsible for but not limited to perform the following essential job duties:
- Collaborate with Veterans and other team members to identify and secure affordable housing.
- Provide direct services to a wide range of Veterans and their families that are homeless or at imminent risk. Individual Veterans may have mental health diagnoses, physical disabilities, substance abuse challenges and other factors that may arise.
- Responsible for weekly communications with each Veteran on the caseload.
- Develop Housing Stability Plans (HSP) and action steps to achieve and maintain permanent housing for Veterans.
- Work with Veterans to increase income to aid in housing stability.
- Maintain case notes in an accurate and detailed manner.
- Enter case notes within HMIS (Clarity) weekly for all communications with Veteran and/or collateral contacts.
- Manage all paperwork and meet all coinciding deadlines.
- Maintain positive and professional communications and relationships with Veterans/individuals, household members, and collateral contacts.
- Provide ongoing referrals and resources to Veterans throughout their time in the program and document on Referral Log and case notes.
- Completes all required training within required deadlines.
- Complies with all safety standards and practices.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
WORK SCHEDULE: The VCS CC is expected to perform duties assigned during regular working hours. The duty hours of a VCS CC may depend on the needs of the participant. The VCS CC must be able to meet the schedule required by the participant. Occasionally, the VCS CC may be called upon to provide intervention and other services to participants in the evenings or on weekends. Unless otherwise stipulated, a normal workweek will be forty hours.