The Contact Center Manager is responsible for providing quality and efficient customer service to customers through the daily management of a team of Client Care Specialists to include motivating, recognizing and rewarding, coaching, training and problem solving.
- Manage day-to-day operations ensuring client objectives are met efficiently and accurately.
- Provide daily direction and communication to employees so that customer service calls and emails are answered in a timely, efficient and knowledgeable manner by monitoring the call and email queues.
- Ensure supervisors are aware of and are monitoring all call metrics and email/fax metrics.
- Conduct team meetings as needed to ensure employees have up to date information on programs and are able to communicate feedback on current issues.
- Able to identify training needs based on program changes and team members overall performance.
- Understand budgeting principles and ensures processes are in line with company goals.
- Work with supervisors, and communicate effectively with employees, on performance warnings and make effective/appropriate decisions relative to corrective action as required.
- Be available for employees that experience work and/or personal problems providing appropriate coaching, counseling, and direction. Address disciplinary and/or performance problems according to company policy.
- Assist agents that appear to need assistance.
- Manage/diffuse difficult or escalated customer calls.
- Provide weekly and monthly reports to Senior Manager and Account Manager as required.
- Give constructive feedback to other members of the team and properly document that feedback.
- Welcome and reflect upon feedback from members of the team.
- Assist with hiring for the team.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Requirements, or Competencies:
- Education required: Bachelors Degree in business, or related field
- Minimum experience: 5 years of people management in a contact center environment
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent oral and written communication, including presentation skills
- Demonstrated leadership/management/motivational skills
- Analytical and interpretive skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to troubleshoot intake processes
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Ability to work in a team environment