The Field Organizer is responsible for developing and implementing strategies that will lead to supporter growth and increase participation in activism around AIUSA’s priority campaigns and core programmatic work. This position will be based either remotely or in a AIUSA Field Office with the goal of growing AIUSA’s grassroots activists base in a given area. This position requires an individual who will be innovative in exploring various organizing initiatives for the purpose of raising awareness on Amnesty International’s mission, activist engagement, and build a local grassroots network of human rights defenders. The Field Organizer will work collaboratively across AIUSA’s Movement Building Department to identify and recruit new AI supporters, identify potential leaders, and advance AIUSA’s human rights priority campaigns and programmatic work.
- Develop and implement grassroots community organizing strategies in assigned states that is reflective of community engagement and leadership development.
- Identify, recruit, and oversee a diverse pool of volunteer leaders and develop state leadership teams.
- Engage, catalyze and mobilize a grassroots activist base in AIUSA’s priority campaigns and program work.
- Support legislative advocacy campaigns, including lobby elected officals.
- Assist in the development and execution of small and large scale events throughout the year to increase AIUSA’s supporter base and visibility.
- Cultivate and foster activists led actions and events.
- Assess and deliver training needs and develop skills capacity to support activist development and increase the impact of their actions.
- Build awareness on human rights issues through Human Rights Education.
- Represents Amnesty International USA to external partners and fosters collaboration and alliances
- Monitor and report on local developments happening at the municipal and state level that have human rights impact.
- Track and report on grassroots activism throughout assigned states.
- Help advance goals outlined by AIUSA’s Organizing Unit.
- Participates in shared responsibility and collaboration with volunteer leaders