Job Summary/Purpose: The Campus Safety EMS Healthcare Coordinator is a staff healthcare provider responsible for healthcare and emergency medical services at Judson University’s Elgin campus.
- Maintain an office in the Wellness Center during normal business hours for the purpose of providing medical assistance as authorized by Advocate Sherman EMS Standing Medical Orders.
- Document all patient interaction including patient care reports and refusals electronically as authorized by Advocate Sherman.
- Serve as a resource to students with questions about “telemedicine” options available to them.
- Wear prescribed uniform and maintain functional mobile radio when on-duty.
- Respond to emergency medical situations on campus, coordinating with on-duty Campus Safety EMS as well as fire and police agencies.
- Complete documented weekly inspections of Campus Safety EMS supplies and address deficiencies through hospital exchange or other authorized channels.
- Complete annual Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) EMS self-inspection paperwork.
- Complete monthly inspections of campus AEDs, documenting and addressing deficiencies.
- Complete annual inspections of campus bleeding control kits.
- Represent Judson University Campus Safety EMS as the EMS Liaison for the Greater Elgin Area EMS System, to include attending scheduled liaison meetings.
- Serve as Campus Safety EMS DICO (Department Infection Control Officer).
- Liaise with other campus departments including Wellness Center personnel and the Office of Student Life
- Attend continuing education classes in order to maintain valid Illinois paramedic license.
- Provide and/or coordinate classes and educational health opportunities campus-wide for students and employees (ex: Stop the Bleed, CPR/AED).
- Participate on campus committees as assigned.
- Assist with other administrative duties and projects as assigned.
- Successfully complete 60 day probationary period.
- Successfully complete scheduled performance appraisals.
- May provide on-scene supervision of Campus Safety EMS personnel while responding to medical emergencies.
- Perform duties of the position in such a manner as to maximize the fiscal resources of Campus Safety EMS, the Wellness Center, and the Judson campus.
Education/ Experience Prerequisites:
- Must be licensed paramedic “in good standing” in Illinois.
- Must be able to pass Advocate Sherman System Entry Exam and work in Advocate Sherman EMS system within 60 days of hire.
- Must have at least two years of experience as a healthcare provider.
- Prior clinical experience would be considered helpful to this role.
- Must be able to operate with limited supervision and be a “self-starter”.
- Prior EMS instructor experience or desire to teach considered a plus.
- Knowledge of other languages a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are necessary.
- Computer proficiency is necessary.
- Must be physically capable of safely performing skills.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Shall pass a background check and drug screening upon request.
- Work a regular schedule with some variability that could include shift work, overnights, weekends and/or holidays as needed.
- Perform duties in all weather conditions.
- Perform duties which may require lifting of up to fifty pounds and climbing stairs and hills.
To apply, please contact:
Assistant Vice President of Campus Operations
Elgin, IL 60123