The National Director of Marketing and Engagement is responsible for strategic direction of the marketing and engagement unit at AIUSA. This unit raises nearly $20 million annually via mail, online and phone and is responsible for leading the organization’s digital advocacy efforts. The National Director is also responsible for member services, the organization-wide CRM database, and the back-end development-operations for the wider development department.
- Directly responsible for income of approximately $20 million.
- Creates and manages multiple annual expense budgets totaling approximately $8 million.
- Manages a donor base of about 150,000 annual donors and an email activist list of 650,000
- Provides strategic direction and creates long-term and annual plans for one-time donors giving under $10K, new audiences, and advocacy-action takers.
- Oversee staff and consultants managing highly-complex, large-scale mass mailing program. Ensures data driven approach to testing and planning and constant monitoring of results to drive highest lifetime value of the donor while meeting net budget needs.
- Oversee staff responsible for online fundraising and advocacy program aimed at driving large scale audiences to both take action and donate. Requires collaboration with multiple internal departments and building of coalitions to meet multiple unit’s goals. Creates and manages strategic plans for growth of digital advocacy program.
- Coordinates with directors of major and monthly giving on donor pipeline, stewardship, gift crediting and cross departmental projects.
- Oversees staff responsible for back-end development operations, including gift processing and acknowledgements.
- Oversees staff administering organization’s database of record (ROI Solutions) and online CRM platform (Engaging Networks).
- Manages relationships with multiple strategic consulting and implementation vendors.
- Leads a team of 12 staff. Ensures that the team has diversity and that the work environment, policies and practices are equitable, inclusive and accessible for all.
- Nurtures culture of testing, collaboration and innovation.
- Identifies and develops new programs and services to meet evolving needs.
- Demonstrates a specialized knowledge of policies, procedures, and terminology of the department/field.
- Creates processes, procedures, forms and/or rules necessary for work completion, efficient workflow and/or service delivery.
- Contributes expert knowledge of AIUSA and processes as it relates to the department. Decisions and activities impact subsequent operations within the function or department and beyond.
- Represents and acts on behalf of the department or function when making decisions on a daily basis, when releasing information, and when coordinating projects or activities.
- Participates in shared responsibility and collaboration with the volunteer and internal and external constituents.