- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Azerbaijani, area studies, or a related field;
- Advanced written and oral language skills in Azerbaijani (minimum 2/2+ on DLPT scale, Advanced on ACTFL scale);
- Study, work, or extensive travel experience in Azerbaijan;
- Experience working in a position of authority with undergraduate or graduate students;
- Experience overseeing and guiding groups;
- Demonstrated skills in academic and personal counseling; and
- Demonstrated skills in general financial accountability.
Position contingent upon funding. Resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
American Councils is committed to taking affirmative steps to enhance employment opportunities for minorities, women, veterans, and people with disabilities, and strives to ensure that meaningful employment and promotional opportunities are maintained for everyone. American Councils’ commitment to equal employment opportunity is based not only on federal requirements, but also on a longstanding commitment to maintaining a diverse workforce reflective of the communities in which we operate.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.