Seattle's Union Gospel Mission is currently looking for a Transitional Programs Administrator to join the Women and Children's Ministries team in Seattle, WA.
Seattle's Union Gospel Mission is a private faith-based organization that helps the community to reach out with compassion to those who have lost hope. And as a community, we empower one another to build, lead and give back.
The Transitional Programs Administrator is a senior leadership position within the Women and Children's Ministries (WCM) Department. This position oversees the WCM transitional living programs, graduate programs, aftercare, and career and education programs. This will include: spiritual leadership; staff scheduling, guidance, supervision, programming decisions and delegation of tasks where appropriate.
Our Women and Children's Ministries team is looking for its newest member and we think that could be you!
Essential Job Duties
- Manage WCM transitional living properties, including overseeing facility safety and cleanliness, screening of applicants and development and implementation of support services and programming for residents.
- Supervise the Transitional Living Case Manager at Renovo.
- Supervise the Career and Education Specialist at Hope Place and ensure the development and implementation of education, career development and job placement programming for program participants.
- Meet with direct reports weekly to discuss program issues, resident challenges and opportunities.
- Provide organizational, spiritual, and administrative leadership to all direct reports, staff and volunteers, including hiring, training, development, scheduling, coaching and performance management.
- Conduct crisis counseling/intervention when needed and recommend appropriate resources or action. Ensure residents are meeting their assigned goals as it pertains to their program, and that they are adhering to program policies.
- Oversee the implementation and maintenance of professional-quality case management files for assigned residents as outlined in the WCM/PM guidelines.
- Meet weekly with Senior Director of Women and Children's Ministries to discuss status of programs and caseloads.
- Record, report, and maintain records, monthly statistical reports and narratives as required.
- Facilitate resident meetings, support groups and conduct devotions and Bible studies as needed.
- Actively participate in the grace/choice-based programming, including participating in the self-evaluation process personally, asking questions during Community Meetings and leading others to self-evaluation.
- Work proactively with WCM leadership team, Mission staff and ministry partners to continually develop and improve quality services provided to homeless individuals and families, staying on top of any potential problematic operational issues.
- Maintain a positive, pleasant, professional Christian attitude. Work with other staff to forge and model transparent and supportive Christian relationships which will serve as a leadership example for program residents or emergency services guests.
- Work effectively with colleagues throughout the Mission's organization to achieve ministry objectives, maintaining good communication and working relationships
- Attend and participate in all Mission, Division and Department meetings and trainings, as required.
- Any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor.