The Art Director, Digital Games will oversee the entire artistic production process involved in video game development, providing artistic guidance from early concept phase throughout a games life cycle. They will work with internal and external creative staff to ensure all visuals used in a game are of the highest quality, reinforcing the overall vision of the product.
- Work with executive management team to establish initial vision and creative ambition for game titles, taking ideas from early concept through launch, and beyond.
- Lead the creative vision on medium to large size game projects, helping to shape and drive requirements, finding the balance between artistic aspects and technical constraints.
- Collaborate with design disciplines within and external to the org.
- Present and defend visual design solutions to leadership & team owners.
- Effectively synthesize performance data (analytics, UX studies) to inform the creative direction.
- Have a command of Visual Design / UX best practices for web & mobile design.
- Influence the development of new research practices to test ideas.
- Create and manage design documentation, style guides to represent AMUs visual voice.
- Contribute to the game art pipeline definition and develop milestones for art teams.
- Excellent presentation, and interpersonal skills and the ability to gracefully defend your design decisions to executive management.
- Previous experience as an Art Director in video games (5+ years experience preferred).
- Experience working with 3rd party game development studios.
- Experience managing multiple projects and the ability to meet aggressive deadlines.
- Ability to work cross-team, synthesizing feedback and providing detailed creative direction to other artists.
- Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, XD, Sketch, and InDesign