Sona Dermatology is growing and looking to add a Controller to our corporate team in Dallas, TX!
Are you the one? If you care about people, seek performance-professional fulfillment (achievements, fit, financial), and want to make the world a better place, we would love for you to join us in our pursuit of excellence on our journey to save lives, build relationships for life, and make a difference in the world, one person at a time.
For 20+ years, Sona Dermatology, the innovator, and leader in clinical-1st integrated clinical-cosmetic skincare for life, has been transforming our “center-of-our-universe” clients’/patients’ lives with a personalized continuity of essential clinical care and world-class cosmetic care to ensure results for life (health, wellness, happiness). In addition to Sona’s elite, board-certified Dermatologists who specialize in holistic, integrated skincare (including Mohs surgery), Sona’s industry-leader recognition includes Allergan Black Diamond, Top 1% Anti-Aging/Vitality Injectables, Top 10 Botox, and #1 Coolsculpting (body contouring, fat reduction/weight loss).
At Sona Dermatology, we are a beautifully, dynamically, powerfully diverse community of individuals who value inclusion and aspire to give all of us/each of us (collectively and respectively) the opportunity to achieve our full potential, unencumbered by bias and discrimination resulting from age, ethnicity, gender, race, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, gender identity, socioeconomic position, or political ideology. We choose love over hate, we choose unity over exclusion, we choose assumption of positive intent over accusation, we choose problem-solving over indifference, and we choose defining the future over being defined by the past. In these demanding times, we are lucky to have each other and strive to make a difference, be a positive force for good, offer love and support to those in need, and make the world a better place.
Controller, Director, FP&A
Controller, Director, FP&A is a mission-critical executive leadership role. You and your team are responsible for financial leadership and excellence with emphasis on 1. quality of patient care/outcomes, 2. quality of patient experience/service, and 3. overall center-level performance, productivity, value creation across the entire company (20+ existing and new centers).
With extraordinary opportunity and great expectations-accountability, the Controller, Director, FP&A enjoys commensurate performance-based compensation (base, benefits, bonus), career/professional development opportunities, and requisite latitude to collaborate, innovate, drive/execute results.
In addition to servant leadership and top talent EQ/IQ, the Controller, Director, FP&A operates in a highly dynamic environment where it is vital to 1. be an expert in all Sona Dermatology business model (executing and solving for success towards KPI targets) and 2. actively communicate/partner (daily) with Corporate Teams, GMs, Center-Level Teams, and Strategic Partners (Baker Tilly, BOA).
Role / Duties & Responsibilities
Controller, Director, FP&A has many responsibilities and serves in one of the most important and complex executive leadership roles at Sona Dermatology. The Controller, Director, FP&A is responsible for leadership and management of FP&A (accounting, audit, banking, reporting, etc.)) and includes:
- Accountability for Financials-FP&A ($50-$100MM P&L; goals, initiatives, operating plan, team)
- Financial Blueprint-COE Playbook (strategic-value creation; tactical execution, governance)
- Leadership for Accounting-FP&A and Board/Investor Relations (Audit, Financials, Reporting)
- Prepare Financials (monthly, quarterly, annual) with MD&A (analysis, insights, solutions)
- Accretive Business/Corporate Development (organic, inorganic-M&A, strategic partners)
- Assets-Inventory-Procurement-Sourcing and ROI Optimization (policies, procedures)
- Industry Best Practice Billing, Coding, Collections, Contracting, Credentialing (benchmarks)
- Partners/Vendors (assessments, master vendor contracting/management, strategic RFPs)
- Technology (Intacct, Bill.com, ModMed, HER/EMR; simplification-scalability-success factor)
- Collaboration (CEO; Corporate Teams, GMs, Center Teams, Strategic Partners (Baker Tilly, BOA))
- Communication Catalyst (available, direct, empathetic, listen, mentor, transparent)
Controller, Director, FP&A reports to the CEO and partners with Corporate Teams, GMs, Center Teams, and Strategic Partners (Baker Tilly, BOA). The ideal Controller, Director, FP&A will oversee Sona Dermatology’s FP&A Team and is a leader with strong interpersonal skills, professional and personal integrity, and an effective leadership style aligned with Sona Dermatology’s organizational guiding principles:
- Excellent in Pursuit of Extraordinary
- Sona Derm P1! Servant Leadership
- Integrated-Shared Vision
- Ecosystems, Not Hierarchies
- Culture of Accountability/Urgency
- Breakthrough Comfort Zone DNA
- High Engagement-Participation
- Innovation-Learning Culture
Definition of Success
- Organize-Lead Accounting-FP&A Team (Partner)/10x Corporate-FP&A Excellence
- Drive to Financial-ROI Performance to Achieve/Exceed Operating Plan (2021+)
- Deliver FP&A Capabilities to Accelerate Growth/Results and Maximize Value Creation
Capabilities Experience / Expertise / Education
- 7-10+ Years Executive-Finance-FP&A/P&L Leadership Experience (multi-site, 50-100+ FTE)
- 3-5+ Years Growth and Innovation in Healthcare, Health & Wellness, and/or Retail
- 3-5+ Years Healthcare (clinical-dermatology or cosmetic; bonus consumer/retail)
- Bachelor's Degree (Master’s-preferred), Continuing Industry/Professional Training
- CPA; Professional Certifications (e.g., accounting, finance, analytics, workflow, etc.)
- Track Record of FP&A-Financial Results (breakthrough performance/value creation)
- Entrepreneurial Spirit (active/decisive, problem-solver, growth/innovation ventures)
- Exposure to Financial Excellence (Agile, Design-Thinking, Intacct, Kaizen, Lean/Six Sigma)
- Fit with Sona Dermatology Mission, Team, Values (desire/passion to make a difference)
- All-In, Digital-First, Vital Few Success Factors, Creative Problem-Solver, Self-Starter, High Confidence-Low Ego, Servant Leader, Tolerant Collaborator, Executive Presence, Strong EQ-IQ, High Ethical Standards-Professional/Personal Integrity
- Available for Moderate Travel (up to 15%-20%)