Scientific Protein Laboratories is a biopharmaceutical leader in the development and manufacturing of heparin, pancreatin, heparin derivatives, naturally derived pharmaceuticals, and recombinant proteins from microbial fermentation. We have an immediate opening in Waunakee, WI (Madison area) for a Shipping/Warehouse Clerk to join our growing team.
This position is responsible verifying and entering receipt of incoming shipments for raw materials and all other P.O.s for materials and supplies that arrive daily at the receiving dock. The Shipping/Warehouse Clerk provides frontline training to forklift certified operators and is responsible for updating and maintaining information in tracking spreadsheets and collaborating with key personnel.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Obtains merchandise from warehouse shelves to fill orders for non-stock items or special orders, carefully verifying identifying information and quantities. Manufacturing departments request for supplier and raw materials.
- Adheres to established work schedules in a consistently reliable manner, and performs job responsibilities and delivers work products on a dependable and timely basis.
- Coordinates the recycling program with the recycling facility of the poly drums and totes.
- Responsible for the initial and ongoing training of forklift operators.
- Places items in containers and wraps so that the invoice is visible (return goods & lab supplies).
- Compares identifying information and quantities on the packing slip against the purchase order, counts items for verification, and indicates any discrepancies (daily with good received). Enter into 4th shift MRP and identify with Quarantine labels materials batch numbers, specific to the raw material and report to QA the raw materials have been received.
- Sends return shipments to manufacturer for repairs.
- Maintains Pancreatin inventory in warehouse, pulls Pancreatin orders for Pancreatin production Department as well as movement to outside storage facility.
- Sends shipments to manufacturers for repairs.
- Enters other incoming shipments in the computer (4th shift MRP).
- Enters information into Heparin Resin Assist spreadsheet and collaborates with the accounting department and outside vendors.
- Pulls orders accurately in preparation for prompt shipment.