This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Assists the School Age Child Care Teacher in developing, organizing and implementing high quality YMCA School Age Child Care Program(s).
1. Assists with the implementation of curriculum within the established guidelines.
2. Assists the School Age Child Care Teacher in designing and implementing daily lesson/activity plans consistent to YMCA Healthy Eating and Physical Standards, Achievement Gap, and the School-Aged Child Care Curriculum..
3. Assists with the supervision of children, classroom, and all activities.
4. Makes ongoing, systematic observations and evaluations of each child.
5. Participates in parent conferences, and maintains positive relationships and effective communication with parents. Engages parents as volunteers.
6. Maintains program site and equipment.
7. Maintains required program records.
8. Attends and participates in all family nights, program activities, and staff meetings.
9. Actively seeking to continuously update skills by attending outside workshops and constantly whenever possible, by becoming active in professional organizations and constantly seeking new ideas and materials.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Team Leader):
Mission Advancement: Models and teaches the Ys values. Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to changing lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development, and recognition. Cultivates relationships to support fund-raising.
Collaboration: Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives. Builds relationships to create small communities. Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support.
Operational Effectiveness: Provides others with frameworks for making decisions. Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Effectively creates and manages budgets. Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Personal Growth: Shares new insights. Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change. Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.