Position: VICE PRESIDENT FOR ACADEMIC AFFAIRS
Department: Office of the President
Reports To: President
FLSA Classification: Exempt
The Vice President for Academic Affairs reports directly to the President of the College and is the chief academic affairs officer of the College. The VPAA is directly responsible for the Registrar, Division Chairpersons, Librarian, Career Services, and the Office of Institutional Research.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Supervise the overall academic and educational program for the College.
- Manage the curricular.
- Monitor the budget.
- Manage instructional resources for the College.
- Serve as member of President’s Cabinet.
- Exercise supervision over faculty and other personnel in academic services.
- Coordinate programs, personnel, services and facilities that are used by academic-related areas.
- Provide advice and recommendations to the President of the College to strengthen faculty and educational programs.
- Provide leadership in strategic planning, fiscal and personnel management, academic planning, program development, and evaluation.
- Act on behalf of the President of the College in the absence of the Executive Vice President and President.