Reporting to the Chief Philanthropy Officer, this position is responsible for the successful implementation of virtual and community fundraising events, most notably SPCA’s Pet Walk, a peer-to-peer fundraising event that combines an on-the-ground event with exciting virtual components.
Measurable outcomes for this position include achieving designated financial and participant goals through team and individual fundraising, corporate solicitation, community partnerships, as well as increasing brand awareness and community engagement.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Achieve assigned revenue goals by developing and maintaining relationships with SPCA Tampa Bay corporate and community partners.
- In conjunction with SPCA Leadership (CEO, CPO, BOD), recruit and engage c-suite volunteer leaders, team captains and walkers.
- Maximize Pet Walk team participation to achieve revenue goals by retaining existing teams, attracting new ones from all sectors of the community.
- Manage and mobilize volunteers to serve on Pet Walk Committee.
- Leverage technology and social media to maximize peer-to-peer and other fundraising activities.
- Develop and implement event budgets, timelines, and event logistics with support of development team.
- Develop participant communication plan and fundraising resources; monitor participant fundraising trends and implementing proven strategies to maximize income,
- Market and support smaller, year-round peer-to-peer fundraising challenges, events and cause-related marketing efforts by individuals and business as needed.
- Provide friendly, responsive and personalized customer service.
- Keep accurate and updated records and enter data as required into appropriate shelter software.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Participate in required meetings and trainings.
- Professionally represent SPCA Tampa Bay at all times.
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, however related experience may be substituted for a degree.
Experience and Competencies:
- Three to five years of demonstrated experience in recruiting, managing and mobilizing volunteers to achieve fundraising goals.
- Proven peer-to-peer fundraising experience or equivalent sales background.
- Ability to successfully identify, cultivate, recruit, and maintain relationships with senior level volunteers/ customers.
- Extraordinary communication skills, which motivate people and inspire them to take action.
- Computer-savvy: exceedingly proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Resourcefulness and curiosity – a willingness to seek out answers and solutions to best address customer inquiries.
- A willingness to speak up and share suggestions for improvement and efficiency.
- A master troubleshooter who can handle a variety of technical challenges that can – and will – arise!
- Experience with OneCause or other P2P fundraising platform a plus.
Licensure or Certification:
- Valid Florida driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
- Light physical effort – regularly lifting or moving less than 25 pounds.
- Walking and prolonged standing.
- Stooping, kneeling, bending and crouching; carrying, pushing and/or pulling.
- Occasional exposure to high noise levels, such as in dog kennels.
- Occasional exposure to animal feces and potential for scratches and bites.
- Activities require the handling and transporting of SPCA pets.
- Ability to work work outside normal hours including early morning, evenings and weekends as needed.
- Ability to travel regularly throughout the Tampa Bay Area.
- Working in a variety of environments including indoor and outdoor.
- Reliable transportation.
- Ability to pass required background checks.