Providing supports throughout Linn or Benton County, Individualized Services Direct Support Professionals mostly work in the homes of the people they support. They enjoy working with a variety of different people with different support needs at pre-scheduled times throughout the month. IS Direct Support Professionals will facilitate and support the individual's) supported in manner that provides for a safe, independent, and enriched lifestyle in their home and community. IS Direct Support Professionals may assist with medical and health services management, financial resources and money management, and general activities of daily living. IS Direct Support Professionals also understand the guardianship or other legal representation of people supported, and work in partnership with legal representatives to assure that the person’s preferences are honored. Successful candidates will be ethical, patient, reliable, communicative, compassionate, flexible, able to work independently, and adaptable.
To be able to do this job, you must:
- Be able to regularly attend all training, team meetings, and scheduled shifts as outlined in the position acceptance.
- Be able to regularly lift a minimum of 25lbs. Depending on work location, some positions may require a higher lifting requirement.
- Have basic computer skills and be able to complete all required documentation via computer.
- Must be able prepare written reports using proper punctuation, spelling and grammar.
- Receive and maintain CPR, Oregon Intervention System (OIS), Bloodborne Pathogens, Mandatory Abuse Reporting certification, and other certifications required by the position, PCL, and other governing agencies.
- Complete all duties related to being a Mandatory Abuse Reporter.
- Be able to respond to emergency and/or crisis situations while on shift(may require physical intervention).
In this job you will:
- Promote and implement PCL’s mission in the lives of those we support.
- Provide a stable living environment by promoting and attending to the individual's right to respect and dignity, individual choice and input, and health and safety needs at all times.
- Maintain positive relationships with individuals supported, PCL team members, and others with whom you will interact.
- Act as a model for and advocate of individual’s rights and choices.
- Respect and maintain the confidentiality of the individuals’ supports.
- Be able to work unsupervised and alone with the individual(s) supported.
- Meet all deadlines as outlined.
- All employees are paid on a monthly basis.
- Wages are $13.00/hour-$14.00/hour, (IS has a differential of $1.00/hr after successful completion of new hire training). If you leave this department, your base wage will be $13.00/hr. (Minimum Wage until new hire training is successfully completed)
- Full time employees (30 or more hours a week) are eligible for 401(K), Paid Time Off, Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance and Life Insurance coverage.