O’Donnell/Snider Construction is a leading commercial general contractor specializing in corporate interiors, building renovations, healthcare, and new construction. Since 1991, we have been safely delivering projects of superior quality, on time and on budget. O’Donnell/Snider has been named one of the Houston Chronicle’s Best Places to Work six consecutive years, and has consistently placed on the Houston Business Journal’s Top 25 - Largest Houston Area Commercial Contractors.
Our company was founded and adheres to a strict set of principles and moral code. We operate with integrity, accountability and discipline. We strive to always exceed our clients’ goals and expectations.
To enhance the quality of the construction experience for our customers through exceptional communication and unmatched service.
To be the clear choice for commercial construction services in the markets we serve!
GENERAL SUMMARY OF ROLE
The Risk and Safety Manager is responsible over the safety program with the project team to maintain a healthy and accident-free work environment at the job site while managing through any related claims.
Safety Management (50%)
- Formulates, develops, and coordinates safety and loss control functions of the organization.
- Designs and directs and administers a program to reduce accidents, occupational illnesses, and exposure to long-term health hazards through safety-training of supervisors, managers, planned inspections, skill training, first-aid care, emergency preparedness, proper job instruction, new employee orientation, physical protection, planned job observation, rules and practices, job analysis/procedures, disposal procedures, and protective equipment.
- Maintains compliance with governmental regulatory agencies.
- Responsible for identifying causes of past accidents and implementing prevention steps.
- Assists Project Team by suggesting safe practices.
- Participates in pre-construction and hand off meetings, and conducts on-site safety assessments as part of constant monitoring process.
Workers’ Compensation Claims (25%)
- Manages accountabilities in the administration of first and third party worker’s compensation claims.
- This role manages claim management strategies critical to the organization’s success.
- Understands and operationalizes programs, policies, and procedures for: reporting, investigations, and analysis; litigation management; resolution/outcome management; and the delivery of claim information.
- Manages litigated and moderately complex claims and is entrusted with significant settlement authority.
- Understands and communicates claims managements philosophy and strategy to business unit and management.
- Builds, maintains, and manages relationships with claims adjustors, insurers, outside legal counsel, and other claims related parties.
- Ensures external reporting requirements are met.
- Operationalizes the design, analysis, and delivery of claim information which influences risk management behavior through performance metrics and benchmarking.
Claims Management (25%)
- Mitigates an organization’s exposure to risk by formulating, developing, and coordinating all claims-related activities, as well as resolving bona fide claims at the least possible cost through various risk transfer techniques.
- Manages a program to ensure the proper and efficient handling of claims gathering data of claims for both record keeping and loss forecasting purposes, and estimating the financial value of claims.
- Responsible for post loss reduction techniques such as salvage, subrogation and rehabilitation.