This position will work directly with Amazon.com to align Amazon on-site advertising and merchandising with AMPs strategic goals for the publishing division as well as the individual book, calendar or game level. This position reports to the Sales Director.
Oversee Amazon pay-per-click advertising program:
- Working with Amazon Sales Director, plan, execute, and evaluate ad campaigns for titles using the Amazon advertising platform. Help determine where to add funding, how to optimize, or when to end campaigns.
- Monitor all ongoing campaigns in Amazon advertising platform on a regular basis with a focus on new and bestselling books and current season calendars.
- Execute and track yearly Amazon advertising budgets as determined by Chief Development Officer.
- Compile monthly advertising performance reports to share with sales and marketing.
- Attend Meetings/Calls with Amazon Advertising Rep as well as Seasonal Business AMS Business Review.
Oversee Amazon on-site merchandising program:
- Working with Amazon Sales Director, plan and nominate monthly merchandising packages, including merchandising placement for on-site, email, and physical store locations for new title or thematic placements for backlist.
- Review Monthly merchandising Accept/Reject Report. Dispute/resolve any rejections with Amazon Merchandising Team.
- Communicate accepted merchandising packages/placements to Marketing and Editorial.
- Monitor on-site execution, keeping log and proof of placement each month.
Other areas of focus:
- Audit and optimize product detail page content to increase conversion rate through updating metadata.
- Collaborate with marketing and editorial to understand title positioning and author history and expectations to inform merchandising and advertising plans.
- Monitor Amazon top search terms for calendar and book trends and inform editorial, sales, and marketing.
- Analyze category and title performance metrics to identify growth opportunities for frontlist and backlist titles.
- Plan and submit e-book merchandising monthly nominations.
- Experience launching, analyzing, and optimizing pay-per-click campaigns
- Ability to plan, execute, and adhere to budget
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Knowledge of consumer insights and ability to leverage insights effectively to drive sales
- Superior organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to analyze and report data on a scheduled basis via Excel
- Understanding of business objectives and ability to prioritize tasks to maximize results, ability to work on multiple projects and hit deadlines
- Team player who works well with peers and colleagues
- Extremely proactive with a can do attitude