Locations: HQ Brooklyn, NY | Davis, CA | Chicago, IL
Gotham Greens is seeking a dynamic Customer Service Supervisor to oversee and assist in the management of customer satisfaction, strengthening our company’s reputation, and increasing our brand visibility in retailers and wholesalers across the nation. This role reports to the VP of Sales.
Gotham Greens is creating new ways to farm, produce local food, revitalize communities and innovate for a sustainable future. As the Customer Service Supervisor, you will partner with Sales, Marketing, and Operations to ensure we are executing orders effectively, responding to customer inquiries, and customers are satisfied with our products and level of service.
What You'll Do
- Hire, train, and oversee a small team of customer service employees to fulfill orders.
- Manage accounts, enter orders into the enterprise resource planning (ERP) system, and manage customer’s Po’s using their external web portals, which include exporting new Po’s, confirming orders, and shipments.
- Identify opportunities to update or improve customer service procedures.
- Create and manage weekly sales reports, oversee administration of trade planners, develop merchandising/product demonstration reports, and conduct other sales operations-related tasks in close collaboration with the Sales and Marketing teams.
- Collect data and prepare reports on customer complaints and inquiries.
- Prepare knowledge-based documents such as summaries and responses to frequently asked questions.
- Work with the Supply Chain and Logistics teams to help deliver excellent customer service resolving issues and inquires.
- Partner with the Finance team to resolve billing and payment disputes.
- Input orders that have been received and follow up with email confirmations to customers
- Follow up and provide support/guidance to the team regarding any issues, delays or questions about orders
Who You Are
- 7+ years’ experience in customer service, administration, and support.
- 2+ years’ experience managing or supervising a team.
- Prior experience in a consumer goods company, ideally working in the capacity of grocery retail and wholesale distribution; prior experience in the natural and organic food industry and/or consumer health and wellness is preferred, but not required.
- Highly proficient with strong computer skills digital tools such as MS Office, Teams, Salesforce, Asana, etc.
- Prior knowledge working in a CRM required. Experience in ERP or inventory management systems.
- A flexible schedule and ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Must be impeccably organized and able to juggle multiple priorities.
- Excellent management and supervisory skills as well as verbal and written communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of customer service procedures and principles.
Who We Are
Gotham Greens is on a mission to transform how and where fresh produce is grown. We are a pioneer in urban indoor agriculture and a leading fresh produce and food company. Through our national network of local high-tech farms, Gotham Greens delivers fresh, long-lasting, and delicious leafy greens, herbs, salad dressings and pesto dip all year round to retail, restaurant, and foodservice customers.
Today, Gotham Greens has 9 locations with 600,000+ sq. ft. of hydroponic greenhouses across six U.S. states and over 400 team members. Since its launch in 2011, Gotham Greens has grown from a single urban rooftop greenhouse in Brooklyn, N.Y., to a multi-state greenhouse operator and one of the largest hydroponic leafy green producers in North America.
Gotham Greens recently raised $87 million in new equity and debt capital, bringing our total financing to $130 million and fueling our company’s next phase of growth.