The Wind Project Optimization Manager is a senior level position responsible for sales and business development for one of our flagship product lines, known as the Bat Deterrent System (BDS). NRG Systems’ unique ultrasonic BDS reduces bat mortality and increases wind turbine power output by reducing curtailment due to bat interaction with wind turbines. This is a technical sales position that will lead sales expansion efforts while managing individual projects that are deploying the BDS product lines. The successful candidate will engage with a wide variety of stakeholders including developers, turbine OEMs, and permitting / environmental authorities such as the US Fish and Wildlife Service, and will work closely with our Territory Managers to close sales. This position requires an entrepreneurial mindset, exceptional relationship building capabilities, a technical aptitude and the ability to cultivate new customers.
This position will work in partnership with his or her cross-functional team to achieve the goals of the department plan that are in line with the company strategic plan, and will embrace the high standards of NRG ethics and core values. The position is globally oriented and international experience is desired.
- Work closely with Territory Managers and the VP of Global Sales to identify, qualify, negotiate and close sales of BDS Systems globally (with initial focus on North America).
- Work with our Product Management team to engage academia, wildlife professionals, and permitting authorities to approve and further expand product sales
- Collaborate closely with Product Management to promote new ideas through the Product Funnel Process to the Product Review Board
- Cultivate relationships with existing customers and potential business clients.
- Attend conferences, seminars and tradeshows to reach potential customers
- Travel globally to lead product introduction efforts and build relationships with customers
- Work closely with the VP of Global Sales and the Territory Managers to plan and implement business initiatives, procedures, guidelines, and policies that promote and drive sales for the company.