SUMMARY: The Carpenter will cut, fabricate and install wooden and other structures according to specifications. This job will entail working in diverse settings to produce steady and functional infrastructure and products with great hand dexterity and an eye for detail. Must have a good knowledge of wood properties and other carpentry materials. Work with little supervision while following all health and safety standards is essential.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Read blueprints, drawings and sketches to fully grasp requirements.
- Take measurements and calculate the size and amount of material needed.
- Cut, shape and smooth lumber and other material (e.g. fiberglass) according to measurements.
- Build window frames, doors, staircases and frame buildings by using raw materials or pre-constructed items.
- Lay out floorings, roofing or drywalls ensuring they are leveled and compatible.
- Carve and assemble furniture, cabinets, shelves and other items and install them where designated.
- Inspect places and conduct repairs or maintenance.
- Build scaffolding and other construction structures.
- Must be able to cover shifts and work with other Maintenance Technicians when needed.
- Support safe work habits and contribute to a safe working environment at all times.
- Follow directions, get along with co-workers and supervisors, treat co-workers, supervisors and guests with respect and courtesy, contributes to a positive and rewarding team environment and refrains from abusive, insubordinate and/or violent behavior.
- Perform other related duties as requested by the supervisor.