Seattle's Union Gospel Mission is currently looking for a Counselor, Part-Time to join the Women and Children's Ministries team in Seattle, WA.
Seattle's Union Gospel Mission is a private faith-based organization that helps the community to reach out with compassion to those who have lost hope. And as a community, we empower one another to build, lead and give back.
The Counselor/DV Advocate provides mental health counseling and domestic violence advocacy support for women at Seattle's Union Gospel Mission's Hope Place facility.
Our Women and Children's Ministries team is looking for its newest member and we think that could be you!
25 hours per week. M-F days, with occasional evening, weekend or holiday shifts.
Essential Job Duties
- Provide individual mental health counseling for women at Hope Place.
- Provide advocacy-based support for women leaving domestic violence situations, including safety planning and assessments.
- Maintain appropriate client files; communicate with staff team at Hope Place as needed through Clarity Facility Log and email.
- Be willing to be trained and use Lifespan Integration therapy for trauma resolution.
- Assist in the development and quality assurance related to trauma-informed practices, policies, and procedures at Hope Place.
- Attend and participate in all Mission, Division and Department meetings and training, as required.
- Attend training as assigned by supervisor.
- Meet with on site and clinical supervisor weekly.
- Any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor.