Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- The successful candidate will have an active church/prayer life and demonstrate a strong desire to serve the Mission by ministering to those whom it serves.
- Must agree with Seattle's Union Gospel Mission Statement of Faith, Mission and Vision Statements and have a personal ethos and work ethic that reflects the Missions Core Values.
- Ability to successfully pass pre-employment drug and criminal background screenings.
- CPR/AED Certified.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook required.
- Excellent writing, communication, organizational and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to exercise initiative, judgment and decision-making in meeting objectives required.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple responsibilities at one time required.
- Ability to manage staff effectively required.
- A demonstrated heart of compassion for the poor and broken.
Education: Four year degree in Nutrition, Dietetics, Kinesiology, Exercise Science, or related field required (demonstrated experience in these disciplines may count towards degree requirements). ACE Health Coach Certification or NHE Certification preferred.
Experience: Prior work experience in rescue mission context and addiction recovery highly preferred.
2+ years experience in the health/fitness industry preferred.
- Ability to stand, walk or sit for extended periods of time; bend, stoop or reach.
- Ability to lead running, hiking and recreation events and training, including running 10+ miles and carrying a 40 lb pack on a 2,000 foot elevation hike in approximately 2 hours.
- Regularly lift and/or carry up to 40 pounds.
- Talk on telephone and use computer extensively.
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three Persons; Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful men, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a Godly life.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved, and the everlasting conscious punishment of the lost.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in Christ.
To serve, rescue and transform those in greatest need, through the grace of Jesus Christ.
To forcefully impact poverty and brokenness, affecting such significant change that our communities point to God!
- Sacred Relationships
- Passionate urgency
- Strategic effectiveness
- Courageous Belief
- Innovative and scrappy