- Ability to work long non-traditional hours, including weekends and holidays.
- Able to stand, lift up to 50lbs, see, squat, twist and reach.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Being open to learning new skills.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Helps support the mission of Camp by assisting cooks with meal preparation.
- Provides excellent customer service by maintaining a clean and safe dining hall environment.
- Able to work on their own without close supervision.
- Communicate with staff and customers.
- Completes scheduled shifts in the kitchen.
- Prepares the salad bar or cereal bar for each meal.
- Washes dishes and kitchen equipment after each meal.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lift and move up to 50 pounds and transport equipment and supplies from one location to another
- Ability to visibly observe children
- Ability to stand for an extended period of time
- Ability to hear distress signals even when distracted by noise or activity
- Ability to reason, solve problems, and make sound decisions even when distracted
- Ability to work in a variety of environments, specifically those subject to heat and humidity
- Ability to observe and promote safety and security procedures
The YMCA of WNC does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, faith, gender, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law, except where a bona fide occupational qualification applies.