Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- Must possess communication skills; Ability to speak, read and write in English. Bilingual – English/Spanish a plus
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Be organized and detail oriented and show ability to handle multiple, simultaneous projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of produce, including seasonality, source, quality, and handling
- Pleasant and efficient phone manner, ability to build rapport over the phone
- Position requires strong computer and order entry skills and the ability to pick up new tasks quickly. Produce Pro experience preferred
- Good availability, including weekends and holidays. Initial schedule is anticipated to be: Tuesdays through Saturdays 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Education and Work Experience:
• HS diploma or GED required. College degree preferred
• 2 years prior sales and/or customer service experience, preferably in a wholesale or
retail produce environment
Pacific Coast Fruit Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with Federal and State equal opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-job-related medical condition or disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Pacific Coast Fruit Company participates in the E-Verify Electronic Employment Verification Program. To ensure that we continue to hire and retain a high-quality workforce, all employees must pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check prior to beginning work.