DI exists to relieve the world of mediocre experiences and to create remarkable ones. Our people make the remarkable possible through an unwavering display of uncommon commitment each day.
Reporting to the Production Supervisor, Metal, this role is a full-time, hourly position scheduled Monday – Friday with the availability for overtime when necessary. The Custom Metal Fabricator is a strong team player with a positive attitude, is willing to take direction as well as be a self-starter and enjoys working in a creative, problem solving, and fast-paced manufacturing environment.
Our Custom Fabricators take design and bring them to life for a variety of clients (movie theaters, professional & collegiate sports, museums, etc.) using various materials.
Do you enjoy fabricating custom pieces out of metal? What about re-building old cars or motorcycles? Have you ever worked in a sign shop before? Stand out from the crowd and tell us how your hobbies and experiences translate into our world of creativity and innovation.
- Fabricates, assembles, and finishes custom metal projects via various metal fabrication processes (i.e., cutting, welding, gluing, shearing, bending, etc.)
- Prepares metal by sanding, using Bondo, or fiber glass for paint finishing
- Reads and scales prints
- Works safely in and around a fabrication shop environment
- Enjoys working in a creative, problem solving manufacturing environment
- Fulfills other production duties assigned as needed
- Ability to MIG weld, aluminum, and steel
- Ability to be a strong team player with a positive attitude and a great work ethic
- Knowledge of fractions, decimals - both standard and metric- as well as basic geometry
- Knowledge of reading and interpreting blueprints
- Ability to use various measuring tools
- Knowledge of fabrication shop procedures
- 3+ years’ experience as a metal fabricator
- Proven track record of successfully meeting the tier requirements as set by the evaluation matrix
- Welding degree from a technical school is a plus but not required
- Ability to TIG weld is a plus but not required
- Experience with custom metal fabrication
- Sign shop experience is a plus but not required
INTERESTED IN JOINING OUR TEAM?
Permission to play at DI starts with the ability to be a team player, possess a positive attitude while under a tight deadline and demonstrate an uncommon commitment to your work. Please visit our website (www.dimin.com) to see some of the amazing work we do!
This is an hourly (non-exempt) position with a full benefit package including 401k with a company match. Please submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements. No phone calls please. A full list of available opportunities can be found at: www.dimin.com/careers.
New in 2018, DI incorporated the Great Game of Business principles into the way we do things. The program is designed to create a business of business people, provide transparency into company performance and directly tie daily behavior to impact DI’s performance. GGOB allows for the potential of quarterly bonuses as company goals are achieved.
Candidates must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and hold a valid driver’s license. Dimensional Innovations is an Equal Opportunity Employer. DI depends on the diversity of ideas, skills and perspectives to solve the world's toughest creative challenges, encouraging and amplifying every voice so we can create remarkable experiences for all.