If you are seeking to join a stable and established organization with high employee and patient satisfaction ratings, then Tri-City Cardiology is for you! Tri-City Cardiology has been serving the healthcare needs of the East Valley for 40 years.
Are you an experienced customer service representative searching for a company that truly cares about its patients and employees? Do you like to work in a fast paced environment and have a strong sense or urgency and multi-tasking skills? If so, then we want you!
We are currently searching for a Communications Specialist to work on our Communication Team at our Administrative Offices in East Mesa. Prior experience in healthcare and scheduling is a huge plus. This position offers a great Monday - Friday, 8am-5pm schedule!
Tri-City Cardiology has a vision "To be among the best providers of cardiovascular care in the entire country and be a place where employees want to work, patients want to receive care and physicians want to practice."
Consistent with our vision, we constantly strive to improve our employee satisfaction. Tri-City Cardiology has been voted a Top Place to Work by the Phoenix Business Journal. Annual employee satisfaction surveys are conducted to obtain feedback on how we can continue to make Tri-City Cardiology the best place to work.
This position serves as a key communication and scheduling representative for incoming calls into the practice. This position works collaboratively with the staff and supervisors from all departments, physicians, and outside facilities to ensure a smooth communication process for the caller.
* Answers all incoming calls in all assigned phone queues per the TCC Service Standards.
* Learns all phone queues including: Switchboard Operator, Operator, Scheduling, New Patient Scheduling, Hospital and Referring Physician.
* Schedules, cancels, reschedules, and/or confirms appointments appropriately documenting all pertinent information in the schedule.
* Works with patients, referring physicians and their staff, hospital staff appropriately and courteously to provide optimal customer service .
* Triages calls or pages calls to the appropriate staff member, department workgroup, secretary, or physician appropriately referencing any paging protocols for accuracy.
* Registers and creates charts for New patients per the PCP order/referral and obtaining all pertinent demographic, insurance and clinical information and documenting completely in the schedule and the chart.
* Works various Task Buckets for Scheduling and completes scheduling tasks as requested per physician orders.
* Enrolls patients in the Patient Portal if not already enrolled.
* Works the Fax Folders, Medical Referrals, Website Messages, and Patient Portal inbox for New Patient Appointments, Established Patient appointments, Testing Appointments, and Incoming Orders.
Note: The essential functions outlined in this job description are intended to describe the general content and requirements of the position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the position.