Seattle's Union Gospel Mission is currently looking for a Guest Services Associate, Part Time to join the KentHOPE team in Kent, WA.
Seattle's Union Gospel Mission is a private faith-based organization that helps the community to reach out with compassion to those who have lost hope. And as a community, we empower one another to build, lead and give back.
The Guest Services Associate, Part Time will work with a dedicated staff to help create a safe, welcoming, and healing environment for woman and children at KentHOPE. This position is a part of a 24-hour team to provide information, referral, and support services to KentHOPE guests. Responsible for providing leadership for the guests, overseeing volunteers, maintaining facility safety and cleanliness. KentHOPE operated a day center for women and children and a rotating overnight shelter for single, adult women.
Our KentHOPE team is looking for its newest member and we think that could be you!
Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, 3:00 - 9:00pm.On call shifts as needed and occasional holidays.
Essential Job Duties
- Help maintain a positive, pleasant and Christian atmosphere
- Provide daily, positive interaction and guidance to guests. Assist with housing, employment, child care searches, goal setting and connect guests to other services providers through weekly check-ins and by providing pertinent resources
- Oversee safety and cleanliness of facility on shift, including chore supervision. Perform janitorial and maintenance duties as needed.
- Uphold the guidelines of UGM Emergency Shelters to maintain a safe, healing environment - enforcing consequences, writing contracts, and holding guests accountable when necessary.
- Complete all aspects of the guest intake process: phone screen, determine eligibility, new guest orientation and instruction, and assignment of bed and storage spaces. Provide other resources as needed.
- Daily compile a thorough record of the events on your shift in staff log, maintain updated records in Client Track and communicate with other staff via email and Client Track.
- Monitor incoming persons, assisting and directing visitors and guests.
- Coordinate, train and supervise volunteers in conjunction with the volunteer department. Assist in the creation of meaningful and productive roles in which volunteer serve. Interact positively and cooperatively with volunteers.
- Complete data entry, documents, and assist with administrative tasks as assigned by your Supervisor.
- Keep donations organized and put away, assist in distribution of clothing and hygiene items to guests.
- Help coordinate and facilitate community meeting as needed and directed by supervisor
- Assist with event preparation and coordination (including holidays, community events, and guest outings)
- Assist with meal preparation as needed
- Respond to emergency situations promptly, in a calm and capable manner. De-escalate guests during tense situations as needed.
- Attend and participate in all Mission, Division and Department meetings and trainings, as required.
- Any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor and KentHOPE Leadership