- Bachelors degree in graphic design, digital design, graphic communications, or related field
- 3+ years of graphic design experience, experience with front-end web design preferred
- Strong portfolio of design work that shows conceptual thinking
- Knowledge of typography, color, design systems, and web and development principles
- Experience creating animated gifs
- Experience in outputting design assets for digital media and the web
- Experience in preparing print ready files and color proofing
- Organized and methodical with files
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong time management skills
- Strong work ethic and personal accountability
- Familiarity with HTML and CMS
- A professional level of experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Familiarity with Adobe Premiere Pro or After Effects
- Experience designing for Mailchimp
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Workspace
- Must be willing to attend occasional press checks off-site
While performing the essential functions of this job, the incumbent must be able to do the following: sit for extended periods; bend and reach for filing and other job-related functions; climb up and down stairs; bend, stoop, and lift to move and retrieve materials; pull, push, and lift; reach both above and below shoulder height. Specific visual abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to visually inspect work. Manual dexterity to operate a computer and other office equipment is required. Heavy usage of computers and phones required.
The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made.
The Museum of Contemporary Art is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status or any other status protected under applicable federal, state or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the Museum of Contemporary Art's commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.
Research shows that women and individuals from underrepresented backgrounds often apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. We recognize that it is highly unlikely that an applicant meets 100% of the qualifications for a given role. Therefore, if much of this job description describes you, then you are highly encouraged to apply for this role.