The Research Scientist in the SPL R&D will lead research and development projects generated internally or by clients, particularly by performing lab and pilot scale production. This position is responsible for interacting directly with contract development and manufacturing clients on technical issues, as well as providing consultation to Production, Quality Control and Marketing Departments concerning technical matters. The Research Scientist will report directly to the Project Manager of Corporate Development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Determine the technical direction and coordinate product, process and/or assay development efforts for projects generated internally or by clients.
- Provide technical consultation to other members of the R&D Department, Quality Control, Production and Marketing Departments.
- Perform process development for product synthesis, isolation and purification and/or develop assays for existing as well as new products.
- Perform lab and pilot scale production of GMP and non-GMP products and/or method validation.
- Comply with cGMPs, write SOPs, validation protocols and other documentation as required by regulations.
- Interact directly with contract development and manufacturing clients on technical issues.
- Order lab supplies and equipment, and perform general lab maintenance which are required of all R&D employees.