Seattle's Union Gospel Mission is currently looking for a Case Manager (Guest Helpers) to join the Emergency Shelters team in Seattle, WA.
Seattle's Union Gospel Mission is a private faith-based organization that helps the community to reach out with compassion to those who have lost hope. And as a community, we empower one another to build, lead and give back.
The Case Manager (Guest Helpers) supports the Emergency Shelters team by providing high quality case management, care, counseling, spiritual leadership and records management for residents in the recovery program.
Our Emergency Shelters team is looking for its newest member and we think that could be you!
This position will be regularly scheduled to work Monday-Wednesday, 7:00 AM 3:30 PM, Thursday-Friday, 12:00 PM 8:30 PM. Occasional weekends, evenings, and holidays will be required. Attendance at the MMRP Graduation during the last Thursday or every month is also required.
Essential Job Duties
- Be an informed expert in the field of homelessness in Seattle, particularly as related to relational dysfunction.
- Maintain an atmosphere in the shelter that will be most conducive to safety, dignity, and cleanliness.
- Conduct Guest Helper intakes and coordinate all aspects of the intake process including inquiry calls, phone screens and intakes.
- Assess applicant ability to live independently and evaluate special needs in areas such as health care, mental health, and addiction.
- Responsible for admission decisions in coordination with supervisor.
- Manage caseload of individual clients in Guest Helper program.
- Meet weekly with each of the assigned Guest Helpers to help move them toward agreed upon goals, including Mens Recovery Program, employment and housing. Conduct crisis management when needed and recommend appropriate treatment or action.
- Record, report, and maintain required records and statistical information regarding chore assignment schedules. Ensure that chores are consistently completed in accordance with schedule.
- Conduct UA (Urine Analysis) checks and breathalyzer screenings. Administer observed urine collections for drug screening of guests. (Due to the sensitive nature of these essential job duties we are only able to consider males for this position.)
- Use independent judgment regarding Guest Helper discipline, including barring and exiting based on program guidelines and Mission policies.
- Meet weekly with Guest Services Administrator to discuss status of assigned men and any pertinent program information.
- Maintain a positive, pleasant, professional Christian attitude. Work with other staff to forge and model transparent and supportive Christian relationships which will serve as a leadership example for program men.
- Seattle's Union Gospel Mission accepts and encourages the involvement of volunteers at all levels in the organization. All staff are encouraged to assist in the creation of meaningful and productive roles in which volunteers might serve in the organization. All employees are expected to interact positively and cooperatively with our volunteers.
- Attend and participate in all Mission, Division and Department meetings and training, as required.
- Any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor.