Core Bank is an accomplished Community Bank located in the Greater Omaha, NE and Kansas City, KS areas. We are not a mere collection of buildings or a place just to work or manage money – we are a community of friends, neighbors and partners in making life just a little bit better. Our culture - what we call our Recipe for Awesome - creates an environment that's a great place to bank - and a great place to work. It ensures we grow together, learn together, and have fun doing it.
At Core Bank, our Vision is to be a truly remarkable company that just happens to be a bank. And, if you just happen to want to work somewhere truly remarkable, then we'd love to get to know you. To learn more about what makes us - us, explore www.corebankcareers.com.
A Mortgage Underwriter's responsibilities are:
- Ability to underwrite Conventional loans to meet agency guidelines as well as specific investor guidelines.
- Review appraisal reports to ensure compliance with agency and investor criteria and to ensure adequacy of collateral.
- FHA and VA underwriting experience is preferred.
- Make timely and accurate decisions on loans reviewed.
- Through understanding of personal and business tax returns in accordance with Conventional guidelines for self-employed borrowers (when applicable).
- Clear communication to loan processors, loan originators and provide guidance or training when necessary.
*Please note, this is NOT a remote position.