KNOWLEDGE (position requirements at entry):
- Related tools, equipment, and materials;
- Methods of installing various structures;
SKILLS (position requirements at entry):
- Repairing various structures and systems;
- Using tools, equipment, and materials;
- Constructing various structures;
- Painting interior and exterior areas of buildings;
- Performing standard grounds maintenance;
- Cleaning assigned areas;
- Utilizing communication and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, and others sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE (positions in this class typically require):
High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.); 2-4 years of related experience; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above. Knowledge of Lead Abatement and Asbestos.
LICENSING REQUIREMENTS (positions in this class typically require):
- Lead Abatement Certification
- Asbestos Certification
- Valid Wisconsin Driver License
- Positions in this class typically require: climbing, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
- Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Incumbents may be subjected to fumes, odors, dusts, gases, poor ventilation, intense noise, extreme temperatures, and travel.
Independent Judgment/Decision Making/Problem Solving:
Performs tasks and duties under general supervision, using established procedures and some innovation. Chooses from limited alternatives to resolve problems. Occasional independent judgment is required to complete work assignments. Often makes recommendations to work procedures, policies, and practices. Refers unusual problems to supervisor.
Contractual and Benefit Eligible Positions Available. $1000 Sign on Bonus, and you may also qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.